Ashen Rift is a first person survival horror game for PC, Mac and Linux which places you and your canine companion Bounder in a world barely recognizable as earth, which has been twisted and drained of almost all life, Together you seek to stop the remaining life from hemorrhaging earth by disabling the “Rift” rumoured to be the cause.
You must find your own path and discover your own methods and get to the Rift alive.
All around you are the twisted, barely recognizable still-live husks of what use to be men, now known as Feeders, bent on devouring every last living thing on earth, including you and and your dog Bounder.
You must learn to use the weapons and world around you against the feeders while depending on the senses and strength of your dog Bounder as he depends on you.
The back story to Ashen Rift is to be gleaned through dialog and other findings from within the game, what will be made clear to the player from the onset is a vague recollection of the events from perspective of the games hero which have left the world an increasingly barren wash of Ash, the rest will become clearer as the story progresses.
- AAA First Person Shooter Gameplay.
- Multi Platform release – PC – Mac and Linux.
- Companion Dog and Interaction system.
- Heavily Destructible Terrain and Environment.
- Melee and Ranged combat.
- Use almost anything in the world as a potential tool or weapon.
- Inventory for carrying extra ammo, weapons and found objects.
- Multiple Paths and countless ways to traverse each.
- 3 to 5 hours of game time.
- Complex and reactive Enemy AI behaviour.
Ashen Rift Dev Blog: Grey Matter Candy
Check out Ashen Rift on Steam Greenlight:
Check out Ashen Rift on IndieDB:
“Bounder” is the name of a real dog from Vancouver’s down town east side, the only reason I know of this dog is thanks to the BC SPCA: Charlie’s Foodbank, Please donate to this wonderful cause.